maandag 7 januari 2013

a fresh, new start


So I'm going to be one of those typical people who take advantage of the new year and use it as an excuse to actually make things happen/change things over. 2012 wasn't my best year, but it also wasn't my worst. I actually think that every year, good and bad stuff happens. That's just life and every new year is a chance to make things better. I haven't been a really good blogger this year, and since my blog got one year old back in December, I really want to change things up a bit. I'm going to share with you my new years resolutions and the goals I want to reach this year, both blog-wise and personal.

My new year's resolutions
  • This might be a little bit of a cliche, but be more healthy is my number one priority. When I eat healthy, I do not only see a massive change in my skin, but it also makes me feel a million times better about myself. I don't necessarily want to lose weight (although that would be nice), because I've finally started to accept myself, but I also want to have a more positive mindset throughout the entire year of 2013, and I think eating healthy and maybe exercise a little (things like yoga and pilates) will most certainly contribute to that.
  • I also want to take more supplements. I've recently started taking fish oil supplements on the recommendation of the lovely Caroline, my number one skincare guru, and I think I'm already seeing a little bit of a difference in my skin. I also want to learn more about different supplements and what they do for your body.
  • This year, I'm also going to try not to let my nailpolish chip off of my nails. I'm quite lazy when it comes to doing my nails so I sometimes walk around with horrible looking nails and since I really, really hate looking at other people's chipped nails, I thought I should make more of an effort myself. 
  • Moisturise my body more. I'm going to try to moisturise my whole body as soon as I get out of the shower, since that's something I'm also too lazy for way too often and I just want my body to keep looking really nice and moisturized.
  • Sleep a little bit more. It's simple as that.
  • Drink more green tea and nettle tea, which have great benefits for both the body and the skin.
  • Enjoy the moment more. Enjoy life.
My goals
  • Read at least ten books. This may not seem like a lot to some of you, but I'm actually really, really busy with uni so I don't really have much time to read, and the time I do have to do nice things, I spend reading blogs or watching YouTube videos, scrolling through my twitter feed or updating my tumblr. I'm starting with the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
  • Write more. Both personal stuff that won't get published and on my blog. I used to write so, so much stuff (and a lot of fanfiction when I was younger.... lolzzzz) and stopped writing since a while. I really want to take it back up since I'm sure it would do me lots of good, and also because it's something I really enjoy. I want to publish my own novel at one point in my life.
  • Improve my blog content and photography. Simple.
  • Watch 50 movies. Quite ambitious, as I tend to fall asleep during movies very fast, haha.
  • Turn my blog into more of a lifestyle blog and blog more. I really love beauty, don't get me wrong, but I'm going through some sort of a phase where I don't really get as excited about it as I used to be. I'm really enjoying reading lifestyle blogs, with the lovely and down to earth Emily and the beautiful and creative Becky as two of my firm favorites.
  • Make a jar of happiness. I'm sure most of you have heard of this project, as everyone seems to be doing it. It started out at something on tumblr and then everyone got into it.
So that are my new year's resolutions and goals I want to reach in 2013. What are yours?




1 opmerking:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely mention! I love Becky and her blog too, I know she will also be chuffed you mentioned her! Glad you are going down the lifestyle route- I love that you can still talk about beauty but also anything you like, I find it really therapeutic. Looking forward to seeing future posts! Xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen