vrijdag 21 juni 2013

All About Peach


I’ve always been more of a pinky cheek girl, afraid that more peachy hues would look way too orange on my pale skin. This is why I wisely stayed away from them. The same goes for cream bluser; I would associate them with wet and sticky, absolutely non-compatible with my oily skin. I was convinced cream blush wouldn’t last long on my skin and thought they were very hard to blend and just a fass to apply. A few weeks ago though, I suddenly went crazy and bought two of the new Bourjois cream blushes, one of them being a peachy colour. I know, I don’t know what went through my head at the time- but one thing I do know, however, is that I haven’t been wearing any other blushes since. They are amazing. And guess my favourite shade? You’re right, it’s the peachy one…

So this is a makeup look I’ve been opting for every single day for the past two weeks or so. Clean, simple and with a nice glow- the look I always tend to go for, really. Since I talk about bases all the friggin’ time (see my last ramble about them here), I thought I would just show you the essentials for my peachy-toned look.
The star of the show is, of course, the Bourjois Cream Blush in 02 – Healthy Glow. Healthy Glow is just the perfect peachy shade, reminding me of an apricot. It warms up the skin so beautifully, so I find that I don’t need to wear a bronze with this- it’s perfect as it is on its own. The Bourjois Cream Blushes are very, very easy to apply. I usally dab on a little bit using my fingers, then blend it in with a stippling brush- my favourite MAC 187. This works perfectly for me, as I find blending in with my fingers a little bit hard. It works, since they’re really easy to blend, but I trust my brush more. The texture melts into the skin really beautifully and they dry up as a powdery finish, which makes them even more longlasting. Even on my oily skin, these cream blushes last all day long. The peachy hue looks beautiful on my skintone, which is something I was a little bit worried about at first but I’ve been wearing it every day since I got it and I’m definitely considering buying more peachy toned blushes.
To accompany the peachy cheeks, peachy lips are in order (I feel like I’ve been overusing the word ‘peachy’ in this post, sorry!). The Dior Nude lipstick in 553 – Sillage is just the perfect coral-peach. The lipstick itself smells really good and is so moisturising on the lips, which makes it such a pleasure to apply and it actually feels like you’re doing something good to your lips. Even though it’s moisturising, it doesn’t feel slippery like I feel some other lipsticks do, and it also lasts for a really long time. The shade is absolutely beautiful and reminds me a bit of Ravishing by MAC, and I think it’s definitely one of my favourite lipsticks. The packaging is absolutely beautiful, too.
When I’m in for a little bit of a change or just don’t feel like going all out with colour, I love using the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02. This delivers the most subtle peach tint to your lips. These are just the most perfect lipglosses ever and I always make sure to carry one of these in my bag. I currently own shade 01 and 02, but I’m definitely going to invest in some more since they’re all I basically wear and they’re just so easy to apply.
I always, always finish off with lots and lots of lashings of mascara. I absolutely love long, fluttery eyelashes. I’ve been using a sample of the Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara and I really like it. It gives crazy volume to your lashes and makes them really, really long. It does feel a little bit clumpy and I do need to make sure that my lashes don’t look too clumpy or spidery, but it’s really great if you like lots and lots of volume in your lashes.


So looking back, I think I should have called this post ‘Obsessed with Peach – A Confession’. I’m definitely going a bit mad for the fruity hue, and I’m not even ashamed (lol). What arey our favourite peach-coloured makeup products? Have you tried the Bourjois cream blushes and if so, what did you think of them?

1 opmerking:

  1. Peach is a lovely color that I think, works especially well on pale skin tones! I'm loving corals at the moment! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen