dinsdag 18 juni 2013

Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel


Finding a good daytime moisturizer has always been quite hard for me. Because I have oily skin, there’s never a really good alternative; most daycreams are either too rich or too mattifying. One problem I found with most moisturizers especially targeted at oily skin is that they dry out the skin, thus encouraging it to produce more oil which results in a vicious cycle. Contrary to popular belief, oily skin needs a high dose of moisture too! I don’t mind a really thick and rich night cream, but my day cream has got tob e light whilst still really moisturizing.

I read about the Clarins Daily Energizer Cream on the ever so lovely Kate’s blog, and after talking to one of the girls at the Clarins counter I decided to go with the gel formula because it’s a little bit lighter than the ‘normal’ cream one.

The moisturiser comes in a pretty orange pot. I’m not too keen on moisturizers which come in tubs because of hygienic reasons. Ingredients tend to get less active when exposed to lots of light and air, so that’s also why I prefer tubes or pumps. I usually scoop a little bit of product out of the tub, warm it up between my fingers then massage it into the skin until it’s fully absorbed.
The product has got a lovely smell which isn’t too prominent and reminds me a little bit of summer. The scent contributes to what the product claims to be; hydrating and promoting freshness, resulting in a healthy glow. Even though it’s a lovely scent, I don’t like the smell of products lingering on the skin, and I’m happy to tell you this doesn’t.
On to what the product actually does.  The Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel is part of Clarins’ ‘Radiance Boosters’ line, which is also targeted for younger skins.
Moisturizing skin care that visibly diminishes imperfections to provide young skin with a healthy-looking, radiant complexion. Clarins expertise is concentrated into a refreshing, melting, shine-free cream-gel that’s rich in vitamin C and alchemilla, turmeric and ginkgo biloba extracts. Allergy tested, non-comedogenic.
To make a long story short: I’m absolutely in LOVE with this. To me, it does exactly wat it claims to do. It feels really moisturizing but still sinks into the skin rather quickly, leaving the skin feeling soft and plump and ready for makeup application. Contrary to other (mattifying) moisturizers, it doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry and thight. I think I’ve found the perfect balance; a really moisturizing product which doesn’t make your skin feel greasy but also doesn’t dry it out. It keeps my skin balanced.
I’ve been using this every morning for over a month now, and I find that my skin looks more radiant and almost sparkling after every use. It’s a pleasure to apply, too. The freshness of the gel-cream hybrid makes it the perfect summer daytime moisturiser, because it feels cooling on the skin and doesn’t make it feel ‘suffocated’ at all. I’ve also found that this doesn’t break my skin out at all, which I was afraid of because of the scent it has. I even feel like my breakouts are less frequent and blemishes tend to clear up a lot quicker because of the moisture.


I’m really happy with this product and I will definitel be buying this again if I run out of it.  The moisturizer does exactly what it claims to do and I look forward to applying it every morning. Have you ever tried this? Any other Clarins products I need to put on the wishlist?

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ive been wanting to try this for a while! I need something light but moisturising, and I hear such good things about this! xox

    www.thestylekhaleesi.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I think I have this moisturiser tooked away somewhere, I'm definitely going to pull it out and give it a whirl. :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen